> it seems the problem is solved.

great!

> The question is whether the patch/fix/change is included into that ISO file
> which
> is used for upgrading the older ubuntu releases to the 18.04?

I'm not sure what, if any, the bug was in the first place.  If you can
reproduce the failure, please feel free to update this bug.

** Changed in: resolvconf (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: resolvconf (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Dan Streetman (ddstreet) => (unassigned)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to resolvconf in Ubuntu.

  DNS servers are not being set in the system correctly when you upgrade
  from 16.04 to 18.04

Status in resolvconf package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I upgraded my 16.04 to 18.04 before the official release. After the
  upgrade I noticed that I don't have internet access. The wired network
  and the wifi settings looked good, but the internet didn't work. After
  the login the system always switched itself into airplane mode. I
  tethered the network via USB and Bluetooth by my mobile but they also
  didn't work.

  I found a useful answer from @andrew-woodhead666:

  it seems this bug is still not fixed for the upgraded dists in the main
release and affects a few dozens of ubuntu users.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1021884/no-internet-after-upgrade-from-16-04-to-18-04