Here's a sample video I found that I assume is OK to share a link to.
Just open it, turn subtitles off, and finally open the same file in the
same Totem window.

https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-test-
files/blob/master/test_files/test5.mkv

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gst-plugins-good1.0 in

  file makes the UI freeze

Status in gst-plugins-good1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in totem package in Ubuntu:

  When you have been playing a subtitled mkv file for a while and try to
  load a new subtitled mkv file in the same instance of Totem, the UI
  freezes.

  You must let the video play for a while for the problem to manifest. I
  don't know how long exactly, but ten minutes should do it. Loading
  file after file in quick succession works fine, and it doesn't happen
  if you seek forward in the file to go to a later time in the video.
  You have to actually watch the video for a while for it to happen.

  This problem has been in Totem for the past several versions of
  Ubuntu, but in 19.04 the problem has slightly changed: Totem used to
  become completely unresponsive and you had to force quit it, but in
  19.04 you can click the close button and it closes immediately. Other
  than that, the problem is the same: all you get is a frozen black
  screen.

  This problem could affect other file formats as well, but subtitled
  Matroska files is what I've personally been affected by.

  Package: totem 3.32.0-1ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu27
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME