Public bug reported:

So, I've this Lenovo B50 laptop that runs Ubuntu Gnome 14.10 and for
some reason kernels:

3.16.0-23
3.16.0-22
3.16.0-21

Don't seem to recognise my left touchpad button, however it worked up to
kernel 3.16.0-20 and I've tested on Windows 8.1 (which I have installed
just in case) and the touchpad is perfectly functional and the left
button works like a charm. I am willing to provide any info you guys
need. Oh and - left clicking works with a mouse. Also - xorg edgers PPA
and using 3.17 mainline kernel don't seem to fix this.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

+
+ Don't seem to recognise my left touchpad button, however it worked up to
+ kernel 3.16.0-20 and I've tested on Windows 8.1 (which I have installed
+ just in case) and the touchpad is perfectly functional and the left
+ button works like a charm. I am willing to provide any info you guys
+ need. Oh and - left clicking works with a mouse. Also - xorg edgers PPA
+ and using 3.17 mainline kernel don't seem to fix this.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Left touch pad button not working on Ubuntu (Gnome) 14.10 and kernel
  above 3.16.0-20

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu: