Sorry for the delay, for some reason I have not received a mail about
this bug.

Starting with Ubuntu 19.04 release, there is no difference between
Debian and Ubuntu: both use OpenGL ES on armel/armhf, and desktop OpenGL
on the other architectures. Initially I wanted to add arm64 to that list
too, but after the discussion in https://lists.debian.org/debian-
devel/2018/11/msg00457.html the plan was changed.

The reason for using OpenGL ES on armel/armhf is that the majority of
devices with that architecture are mobile devices that have video chips
supporting only OpenGL ES natively.

It looks like v4l-utils currently builds fine on all supported Ubuntu
releases, but if you have problems with supporting OpenGL ES versions,
please let me know.

** Changed in: qtbase-opensource-src (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtbase-opensource-src in

  Inconsistent OpenGL support across architectures

Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  today I noticed build failures of v4l-utils on arm64 hosts:

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/406083796/buildlog_ubuntu-bionic-arm64.v4l-utils_1.17.1-201901131615~ubuntu18.04.1_BUILDING.txt.gz

  This is due to the OpenGLES2 feature is enabled on arm64 (but this
  feature is not enabled for amd64):

  > /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui# grep -i opengl qtgui-config.h
  > #define QT_FEATURE_opengles2 -1
  > #define QT_FEATURE_opengl 1
  > #define QT_FEATURE_opengles3 -1
  > #define QT_FEATURE_opengles31 -1

  vs:

  > /usr/include/aarch64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui$ grep -i opengl qtgui-config.h
  > #define QT_FEATURE_opengles2 1
  > #define QT_OPENGL_ES true
  > #define QT_OPENGL_ES_2 true
  > #define QT_FEATURE_opengl 1
  > #define QT_FEATURE_opengles3 1
  > #define QT_OPENGL_ES_3 true
  > #define QT_FEATURE_opengles31 1
  > #define QT_OPENGL_ES_3_1 true

  Is the inconsistent feature setting intentional? The Debian Qt
  packages seem to select Desktop OpenGL across architectures.

  Thanks,
  Gregor