** Description changed:

+ [Impact]
+
+  * Initramfs exports PATH to init, which is different than the expected
+ stock / compiled one, which results in slightly different runtime
+ behaviour of init, if it has environment generators as well.
+
+
+ [Test Case]
+
+  * Disable snapd env generator & disable initrd-less boot (if enabled)
+    sudo chmod -x
/usr/lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/snapd-env-generator
+    set empty GRUB_FORCE_PARTUUID= and update-grub
+
+  * Reboot cosmic system with an initramfs
+    $ journalctl -b -k | grep initramfs
+    (verify that initramfs was unpacked)
+
+  * Check the path used by systemd, ie.:
+    systemd-run /usr/bin/env
+    journalctl -b -e | grep PATH
+
+    It should contain /usr/local
+
+  * Upgrade initramfs-tools & reboot
+
+    The path should remain the same and it should contain /usr/local
+
+  * Enable snapd env generator and reboot again
+
+  * Verify path used by systemd
+
+    It should still contain /usr/local & /snap/bin
+
+ [Regression Potential]
+
+  * We are hardcoding, the same path, yet again, in one more place.
+ However, we are setting it to a well-known value as it was pre
+
+ [Other Info]
+
+  * Anything else you think is useful to include
+  * Anticipate questions from users, SRU, +1 maintenance, security teams and
the Technical Board
+  * and address these questions in advance
+
+ ===
+
  Big regression in 2.37.1+18.04 compare to version 2.34.2

  all these paths  /usr/local/sbin &  /usr/local/bin are not anymore in
  the path of all systemd process .

  So we can not start a daemon that use /usr/local/bin

-
  reinstalling package 2.34.2 fix the problem

  in 2.34.2 :
-
+
  ~# strings  /proc/$(pidof /lib/systemd/systemd-resolved)/environ | grep PATH
  PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

  in 2.37.1+18.04 :

  ~# strings  /proc/$(pidof /lib/systemd/systemd-resolved)/environ | grep PATH
  PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/snap/bin

  snapd remove /usr/local/bin from the PATH for all systemd unit (bionic
  SRU regression)

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in initramfs-tools source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in snapd source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in initramfs-tools source package in Cosmic:
  New
Status in snapd source package in Cosmic:
  New
Status in systemd source package in Cosmic:

[...]

  ===