** Summary changed:

- update-notifier ignores update-manager's settings
+ update-notifier ignores software-properties's settings

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  update-notifier ignores software-properties's settings

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  > 1) The release of Ubuntu you are using, via 'lsb_release -rd' or System ->
About Ubuntu

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      16.04

  > 2) The version of the package you are using, via 'apt-cache policy pkgname'
or by checking in Software Center

  $ apt-cache policy update-manager
  update-manager:
    Installed: 1:16.04.15
    Candidate: 1:16.04.15
    Version table:
   *** 1:16.04.15 500
          500 https://mirror.one.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64 Packages
          500 https://mirror.one.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:16.04.12 500
          500 https://mirror.one.com/ubuntu xenial-security/main amd64 Packages
          500 https://mirror.one.com/ubuntu xenial-security/main i386 Packages
       1:16.04.3 500
          500 https://mirror.one.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 Packages
          500 https://mirror.one.com/ubuntu xenial/main i386 Packages

  ----

  Steps to reproduce:

  - Run `update-manager' manually, via `update-manager' from a terminal for
example
  - Press "Settings..." button
  - Configure the following settings to hide all update-manager's pop-ups
respectively:

  Automatically check for updates: Never
  When there are security updates: <blank>
  When there are other updates: Display every two weeks
  Notify me of a new Ubuntu version: Never

  - Close settings
  - Exit `update-manager'

  ----
  Expected behaviour:

  - update-manager won't be checking any updates at all
  - but even if there are some "other updates" then it must be displayed not
more often than "every two weeks"

  ----
  Actual behaviour:

  - update-manager checks for updates from time to time by itself
  - update-manager shows notifications *all* *the* *time*: every single day and
much more times per day than even twice
  - update-manager keeps to show notifications even if it has been seen &
closed manually (just because there wasn't time for maintenance window
currently, for example)

  Package: update-manager 1:16.04.15
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.18
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Mon Feb 25 16:32:29 2019
  GsettingsChanges:
   b'com.ubuntu.update-manager' b'show-details' b'true'
   b'com.ubuntu.update-manager' b'window-height' b'365'
   b'com.ubuntu.update-manager' b'first-run' b'false'
   b'com.ubuntu.update-manager' b'window-width' b'303'
   b'com.ubuntu.update-manager' b'launch-time' b'int64 1551101458'
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: update-manager