The PPA has cosmic and bionic packages. I tested with the prefork,
worked and event MPMs, and also ran the apache DEP8 tests. All passed.

I'll prepare MPs, update this bug with the SRU template and testing
instructions, and get ready to release this early next week.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

  18.04/Apache2: rejecting client initiated renegotiation due to openssl
  1.1.1

Status in apache2 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in openssl package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in apache2 source package in Bionic:
  Confirmed
Status in apache2 source package in Cosmic:

  I am using Apache2 with client certificate authentication.
  Since recently (last week) and without any configuration changes, the
following errors occur frequently:

  AH02042: rejecting client initiated renegotiation

  Client connections are very slow and sometimes it takes more than a minute
until a weg page can be opened in the browser.
  Before installation of the latest security fixes last week, this error did
not occur.

  Could it be related to
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+bug/1803689?

  System information:

  Release:        18.04

  apache2:
    Installiert:           2.4.29-1ubuntu4.6
    Installationskandidat: 2.4.29-1ubuntu4.6
    Versionstabelle:
   *** 2.4.29-1ubuntu4.6 500
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates/main amd64
Packages
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       2.4.29-1ubuntu4 500
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 Packages

  openssl:
    Installiert:           1.1.1-1ubuntu2.1~18.04.2
    Installationskandidat: 1.1.1-1ubuntu2.1~18.04.2
    Versionstabelle:
   *** 1.1.1-1ubuntu2.1~18.04.2 500
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates/main amd64
Packages