Ubuntu 18.10

bug id 204201

thanks!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  segfault when CCD are present in two different HOG services

Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:

  Hello everyone,

  We are currently developing a device that contains two HID services.
  That device, as it is right now, is properly functioning on Windows & Android.
  However, when pairing the device on Linux running bluez 5.50 we do get
segfaults (see attached files).
  Our bluetooth device has 4 services : 1 battery service, 2 HID Over Gatt
services and 1 device information service.
  With trial and error, we managed to find that we wouldn't get any crash as
long as only 1 HOG service was present.

  Here's the interesting part. The two HOG services are made as follows:
  - standard keyboard over gatt: protocole mode / report map / 1 INPUT report /
boot INPUT + OUTPUT / HID information / HID Control point
  - raw HID over gatt : report map / 1 INPUT report / 1 OUTPUT report / HID
information / HID control point

  Looking at the write_ccc in the call stacks we wondered if the
  callbacks subscribing to notifications for the INPUT reports were
  causing this issue.

  We therefore changed the raw HID over gatt (and its report map) to
  remove the INPUT report and change it into 1 OUTPUT report (leading to
  2 OUTPUT reports): no crash.

  We therefore hypothesize that the segfault occurs when subscribing to
  notification on a second HOG service...