I'm glad my initial stubborness is leading to this avalanche of users
echoing me. I feel all your pain, I have been there and it sucks!

I would suggest this update/patch needs to go into not only the new
versions of Ubuntu, but also the LTS distribution repos also, as a
stability bugfix.

I made a ticket in the Mint repos about the bug called systemd and they
insta-banned me, lol. I still run Ubuntu 14.04 because I am not
interesting in running systemd as pid1, or at all. I'll probably be off
to slackware soon.

It's been real, Ubuntu.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cron in Ubuntu.

  crontab -r deletes cron entries without asking for confirmation

Status in cron package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in cron package in Debian:
  New

Bug description:
  type: crontab -r

  Expected use case : should ask user if they really want to delete this
  file, of which there are no backups on the system by default, and may
  take hours to restore by hand, if it's even possible.

  what happens: user's cron entry is deleted with no warning.