gnome-control-center is only a configuration UI and doesn't include any
service, it's not involved in reconnecting devices. Reassigning to bluez

Could you include a 'journalctl -b 0' log after getting the issue?
Could you also provide the bluetoothctl info for the device as explained on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingBluetooth ?

** Package changed: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu) => bluez (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: bluez (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: bluez (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  Bluetooth doesn't remember my Logitech MX Master mouse.

Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:

  I can pair my mouse, and sometimes Ubuntu will remember it, but more
  often it doesn't automatically connect when I turn the computer on or
  wake it up.  I've noticed that it'll have the same BT address, so it
  should connect (?).

  When it DOES connect, it's when I've had the mouse turned off and
  don't turn it on until Ubuntu is completely awake and running.  That
  doesn't always work, but if I have the mouse turned on before turning
  Ubuntu on, then it never connects.  I have to re-pair them.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.32.2-0ubuntu1.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu27.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME