** Description changed:

  [Impact]
  APT releases the locks in the same order it acquires them, rather than
reverse order. Given that we have no waiting for locks, this is not _super_
problematic, but it might be wrong: You'd get a lock failure on dpkg's lock,
rather than lock-frontend.

  [Test case]
  Watch lock release with strace and see that it unlocks the right way.

  [Regression potential]
- ...
+ Some other locking races or something?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  APT unlocks in same order as it locks

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in apt source package in Xenial: