I started to read that bug a couple of days ago

Maybe using 'ConditionVirtualization=container' should be enought to
prevent fstrim from running inside container, I'll give it a try later
this week. If its work as expected, I'll submit it upstream.

'container' type would cover the following:

openvz  OpenVZ/Virtuozzo
lxc     Linux container implementation by LXC
lxc-libvirt     Linux container implementation by libvirt
systemd-nspawn  systemd's minimal container implementation, see
systemd-nspawn(1)
docker  Docker container manager
podman  Podman container manager
rkt     rkt app container runtime
wsl Windows Subsystem for Linux

Reference:
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-detect-virt.html#

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to util-linux in Ubuntu.

  fstrim: cannot open /dev/.lxd-mounts: Permission denied

Status in util-linux package in Ubuntu:

  fstrim weekly cronjob output in an unprivileged LXD container:

  /etc/cron.weekly/fstrim:
  fstrim: cannot open /dev/.lxd-mounts: Permission denied
  fstrim: /dev/fuse: not a directory
  fstrim: /dev/lxd: FITRIM ioctl failed: Operation not permitted

  There is a github issue:

  https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/2030

  The outcome is that it's purely an fstrim misbehaviour, it could be
  smarter.

  Stephane Graber comment:

  As all of this is handled by the kernel, there isn't anything we can
  do about it in LXD.

  I think fstrim should be made slightly more clever:

  * Don't run on bind-mounts (you can detect bind-mounts by parsing
/proc/self/mountinfo instead of /proc/mounts)
  * Maybe not be as noisy on expected errors like EACCES, EPERM and ENOENT,
only log actual failures which would likely be EINVAL or memory related errors.

  Package: util-linux 2.27.1-6ubuntu3
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Jun  5 19:49:04 2016