> A possible explanation about the delay at playback while capturing is that
> the FIFO size reported for each stream is influenced by other action.  The
> patch assumed that it's constant (like other platforms do), but AMD might
> vary it per state.
>
> The patch below (fix6) takes a hard-coded FIFO size.  Check it out.
>
> There is one adjustment knob in the patch for an open question; whether the
> fixed FIFO size is in frames (samples) or in bytes, i.e. if the sample
> format changes from 32 to 16bit, whether FIFO size changes, too.
> If the patch was confirmed to work more or less, try to define/undefine
> AMD_FIXED_FIFO_IN_FRAMES, and check the behavior with S16 or S32 formats (on
> PA setup and/or aplay/arecord parameters).

Forgot to test with aplay without PA with the define disabled, however
the acquired audio with PulseAudio was bad, like "low quality" (and the
output was delayed as before). Using arecord (but not with PA disabled)
I was hearing again a little of crackling. With the define the audio was
perfect again with arecord (however only with PA disabled, I've tried to
use aplay in another terminal while using arecord, however the audio is
played back only when PA resumes; I'm not sure if this is something to
be expected), same thing with PA; however the output was delayed again
(when acquiring from PA). I've tested both S16 and S32 with the define
and pulseaudio disabled, no problem heard.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Microphone distorted sound on ALC892/1220 on AMD chipsets

Status in Linux:
  Confirmed
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Not sure if I'll report this upstream but there is definitely an issue
  with microphone recording on my desktop, this is not happening on my
  laptop which has a different codec.

  Already tried all workarounds possible, no luck. Only with my desktop
  with this particular motherboard. No issues in Windows, the sound
  recorded in there is distorted and has some static and robotic tone on
  high-pitch.

  alsa-info on the attachments