Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

  Kexec reboot doesn't work on 18.04 non-EFI system

Status in kexec-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  Unclear whether to report it against kexec-tools or systemd.

  After upgrading to Ubuntu 18.04, the „systemctl kexec” command gives the
following error message:
  Cannot find the ESP partition mount point.

  What's interesting is that strace shows that systemctl tries to find
  the EFI partition before it emits the error message, like it was
  expecting an EFI system. My laptop is not capable of EFI, and it
  wasn't a problem for previous Ubuntu releases – the „systemctl kexec”
  command worked fine before.

  Here is my systemd version:

  root@thinkpad:~# systemd --version
  systemd 237
  +PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP
+GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ +LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD -IDN2 +IDN -PCRE2
default-hierarchy=hybrid

  And my kexec-tools version is 1:2.0.16-1ubuntu1.

  I attached an strace output.

  Package: kexec-tools 1:2.0.16-1ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun May 13 12:48:25 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64 (20140417)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: kexec-tools
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-05-12 (0 days ago)