** Changed in: systemd

  Behaviour change in systemd 243 breaks libvirt autopkgtest

Status in systemd:
  New
Status in libvirt package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  With systemd 243 libvirt autopkgtest starts failing:

  http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/libv/libvirt/eoan/amd64

https://objectstorage.prodstack4-5.canonical.com/v1/AUTH_77e2ada1e7a84929a74ba3b87153c0ac/autopkgtest-eoan/eoan/amd64/libv/libvirt/20190921_104518_69667@/log.gz
  + virt-xml-validate debian/tests/smoke-lxc.xml
  debian/tests/smoke-lxc.xml validates
  + virsh define debian/tests/smoke-lxc.xml
  Domain sl defined from debian/tests/smoke-lxc.xml

  + rm -f /var/log/libvirt/lxc/sl.log
  + virsh start sl
  Domain sl started

  + grep -qs starting up /var/log/libvirt/lxc/sl.log
  + check_domain
  + grep/bin/ls

  Domain sl has been undefined

   -qs sl[[:space:]]\+running
  + virsh list
  + virsh lxc-enter-namespace --noseclabel sl /bin/ls /bin/ls
  + systemctl restart libvirtd
  + check_domain
  + grep -qs sl[[:space:]]\+running
  + virsh list
  + cleanup
  + [ -z  ]
  + virsh destroy sl
  error: Failed to destroy domain sl
  error: Requested operation is not valid: domain is not running
  + true
  + virsh undefine sl
  + CLEANED_UP=1
  autopkgtest [10:41:05]: test smoke-lxc: -----------------------]
  autopkgtest [10:41:07]: test smoke-lxc:  - - - - - - - - - - results - - - -
  smoke-lxc            FAIL non-zero exit status 1

  The behaviour change is still present in systemd master
  (v243-112-g984b96aa7a)

  I can revert the change in systemd, but it also fixes an issue reported at
upstream.
  I will take another look later, but wanted to document my findings.