On one side this fixes SAE / WPA3 personal support
on the other, you still can't edit or update WPA3 connections in the GUI
components.
If you use nmtui or try connecting to WPA3 though, it works.
(I've tested this)

Consider upstream to be "nearing complete"

I've been working on WPA3 support on some AP series so I very much can
test this.  Up until now I've been using manual settings on a custom
compile of wpa_supplicant (etc).

Attached is the backported patches (from networkmanager master, they're not
even in any tags yet)
I'm going to keep an eye on networkmanager development and follow this report.

However I'd class support as "not yet ready".

** Patch added: "Backport of upstream support"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1844422/+attachment/5292389/+files/nm-sae-backport.patch

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  WPA3-SAE support

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  After some user feedback WPA3 support for NetworkManager has been
  finalized upstream:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/e1608030c6614d8dfd86122e9df81fdaad9453c9

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/84a86ce55f1e70cb32217d2c74242ff848db8cd7

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/merge_requests/276/diffs?commit_id=8d4497088fff562773b9c05260e810833bfc9c85

  At this time NetworkManager will not associate with Wifi-networks using WPA3.
  Tested using Ubuntu Ubuntu Eoan Ermine [development branch] with
NetworkManager 1.20.2-1ubuntu1 and WPA_Supplicant 2:2.9-1ubuntu1.

  It would be great if the aforementioned commits where backported to
  Eoan before release, so that Eoan based systems will associate with
  WiFi-networks using WPA3.