Got this bug on 19.10 with dozen PPAs added.

** Tags added: bionic disco eoan xenial

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  When editing PPAs, software-properties sometimes scrolls back to the
  top of the list

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  I use software-properties quite frequently, and particularly extensive
  use when I upgrade my system (as I have recently done). Whilst working
  my way through the long list of PPA who's names have been branded with
  Canonical's infernal 'disabled during upgrade to saucy' appendage,
  I've noticed that every so often (quite frequently, but not always)
  when I edit a PPA somewhere down the list, I'll be returned to
  software-properties main dialogue scrolled back to the top of the
  list.  This, as I am sure you can imagine, is quite annoying,
  especially when working ones way through a long list of PPA, having to
  find your way back to where you were, and positively infuriating when
  coupled with the effects of bug 1261942.