Hmm.. This conversation seems to be about a confusion about the Settings
GUI, not an IBus bug, and since the problem seems to be resolved, I
closed it.

As regards documentation of extra layouts, it's there on this page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/keyboard-layouts.html

** Package changed: ibus (Ubuntu) => gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  Missing French-Belgian keyboard layout

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

  Release:      17.10

  ibus:
    Installed: 1.5.14-2ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1.5.14-2ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 1.5.14-2ubuntu1 500
          500 http://be.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  After my update on 17.10 I couldn't get a french Belgian keyboard in the
input sources.
  During install time I have tried to find my keyboard layout by using the
"Type this key process" without success.
  I have also tried all the French keyboard but none of them allow me to type
"@" or "-"... sut to mention main missing keys.