I've added this to the 20.04 development blueprint, so let's revisit and
discuss. If we can't solve the problem with packaging, let's document
the mini.iso installation process so others have an easier time.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  apt install xubuntu-desktop does not resolve dependencies properly

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in xfce4-session package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in xubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Install `xubuntu-desktop` meta package on 18.04 LTS
  2. Login to session
  3a. Click on clock indicator on panel, select "Time & Date Settings"
  3b. Click on Gear, select "About this Computer" or "System Settings"
  3c. Click on keyboard layout indicator, select "Text Entry Settings"

  Expected results:
  xfce-oriented control center is opened

  Actual results:
  gnome-control-center is opened, but with empty window.

  Package: xubuntu-desktop 2.223
  ApportVersion: 2.20.8-0ubuntu10
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE