There isn't a lot of info on the bug to help, but it already seems to be a
config issue.
For those you are better with a community page like askubuntu.com as this is
about fixing bugs in the package and not about guiding to a valid configuration.

A search showed
https://askubuntu.com/questions/60350/putty-works-but-ssh-from-terminal-fails-after-ssh2-msg-kexinit
https://askubuntu.com/questions/344863/ssh-new-connection-begins-to-hang-not-reject-or-terminate-after-a-day-or-so-on
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2419412/ssh-connection-stop-at-debug1-ssh2-msg-kexinit-sent

Maybe one of these can already help you?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu.

  Debu1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent

Status in openssh package in Ubuntu:

  I try to make the connection with an NSA that lives on the same
  network of my Ubuntu 1804 server, however performing authentication
  via SSH hangs in Debu1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent. Tracked error:
  Conection closed