** Changed in: vim (Debian)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to vim in Ubuntu.

  move vim-tiny to / filesystem?

Status in vim package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in vim package in Debian:

  I've noticed a few times now that nano is the default editor in
  Ubuntu, which I can to a certain extent understand because of the
  learning curve of the vi editor. However, I do believe the vi editor
  is specified in the posix standard as part of the Unix command set.

  As a Linux/Unix educator, I tell my students that vi is the one editor
  that they can depend on to be available on all Unix systems.
  Unfortunately, ubuntu is no longer a Unix system by _this_ definition
  :-(

  Please include a statically compiled vi-clone in the base-install in
  /bin/vi to fix this problem!

  thank you!

  /Simon