** Information type changed from Private to Public

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  software-properties-gtk crashed with TypeError in new_init(): could
  not convert value for property `transient_for' from
  DialogCacheOutdated to GtkWindow

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  Upon attempting to add debug repositories to apt and then opening
  Software Updater, the cache loaded and then I switched to the Ubuntu
  Software Tab. I then clicked the checkmark next to "software
  restricted by copyright or legal issues." I then clicked the Close
  button, and then the reload button.

  The window that shows the reload process became stuck and would not be
  dismissed, softlocking me in the update-manager app and forcing me to
  kill the application.

  Expected Results:
  Software Update applies the changes without issue and then quits, or throws
and error if that is not possible and I made a mistake

  Actual Results:
  Software Update manager hangs ans softlocks me into forcing me to kill the
process.

  Prior to the issue occurring, I ran "echo -e "deb
  http://ddebs.ubuntu.com $(lsb_release -cs)-updates main restricted
  universe multiverse\ndeb http://ddebs.ubuntu.com $(lsb_release
  -cs)-proposed main restricted universe multiverse" | sudo tee -a
  /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ddebs.list" and then opened Software Update
  manager. I was attempting to follow the steps to debug on this URL:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProgramCrash

  However, I skipped the first step in adding the debug repositories and
  added the one in the second step before opening Software & Updates.

  Release: 19.10

  software-properties-gtk:
    Installed: 0.98.5
    Candidate: 0.98.5
    Version table:
   *** 0.98.5 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu eoan/main amd64 Packages
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu eoan/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 19.10
  Package: software-properties-gtk 0.98.5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Nov 27 11:34:09 2019
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/software-properties-gtk
  ExecutableTimestamp: 1562940163
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python3.7
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/software-properties-gtk --open-tab 2
--toplevel 67108867
  ProcCwd: /home/edwin
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   SHELL=/bin/bash
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
  Python3Details: /usr/bin/python3.7, Python 3.7.5, python3-minimal, 3.7.5-1
  PythonArgs: ['/usr/bin/software-properties-gtk', '--open-tab', '2',
'--toplevel', '67108867']
  PythonDetails: /usr/bin/python2.7, Python 2.7.17rc1, python-minimal, 2.7.17-1
  SourcePackage: software-properties
  Title: software-properties-gtk crashed with TypeError in new_init(): could
not convert value for property `transient_for' from DialogCacheOutdated to
GtkWindow
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  mtime.conffile..etc.apport.crashdb.conf: 2019-11-24T17:17:29.098099