** Also affects: ubuntu-release-notes

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to hostname in Ubuntu.

  Unable to change hostname from the one specified during Bionic server
  installation

Status in Release Notes for Ubuntu:
  New
Status in hostname package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in subiquity package in Ubuntu:

  In Bionic Beta 2 I am not able on a host or in a guest VM to change
  the hostname of a Bionic Beta 2 installation by changing
  /etc/hostname. The name in the file can be changed but it always
  reverts to the hostname configured during installation.

  In the following thread on the topic it is suggested to remove a
  number of cloud packages. When doing this in a VM install I could
  change the hostname again via /etc/hostname.

  https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2389098&page=2