** Attachment added: "x-o.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/1385063/+attachment/4243119/+files/x-0.log

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Lightdm flashes twice(as if it reloads itself) & resets brightness to
  max when logging out (Utopic)

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  After fresh install of  Ubuntu 14.10, I am experiencing a weird
  problem:

  When I log out from Unity session (or any other desktop session)
  Lightdm flashes twice (as if it reloads itself twice) & sets the
  brightness to max.

  I set following setiing to /etc/rc.local to preserve my brightness
  settings.

  echo 3 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
  echo 2997708 > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness

   When I log in at boot it flashes but doesn't  alter brightness. The
  problem occurs if I logout or restart lightdm manually from text-
  termial (ctrl+alt+f1, sudo service lightdm restart). I have attached
  lightdm & x-0 & x-o-greeter log files.

  Output of "lshw -c video"

  *-display:0
         product: Mobile GME965/GLE960 Integrated Graphics Controller
         vendor: Intel Corporation
         physical id: 2
         bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
         version: 0c
         width: 64 bits
         clock: 33MHz
         capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
         configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
         resources: irq:45 memory:e8400000-e84fffff memory:d0000000-dfffffff
ioport:6000(size=8)