** Changed in: software-properties (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  Add an option to filter out Proprietary snaps (and Flatpaks) from
  GNOME Software

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  Currently, there's no options to filter out proprietary snaps (and, I
  suppose, Flatpaks?) from Software. When I click on the application
  drop-down for Software, it links to Software & Updates, which I
  suppose is where Software would be filtered. Please could an option to
  filter out proprietary snaps (just as there are options to filter out
  proprietary Debs by only enabling the main and universe pockets) be
  provided? The option for snaps should only be visible when gnome-
  software-plugin-snap is installed and the option for Flatpaks only
  visible when gnome-software-plugin-flatpak is installed.

  Like with the Debs though, perhaps this should also affect the command
  line, if a `snap install` is attempted for a proprietary snap, or one
  attempts to install a proprietary Flatpak from a remote, the command
  line should print something like 'The ability to install proprietary
  snaps' or Flatpaks 'has been disabled so the snap' or Flatpak 'will
  not be installed. If you would like to install the proprietary snap'
  or Flatpak 'then change the setting for proprietary snaps' or Flatpaks
  'in Software & Updates'.

  Package: software-properties-gtk 0.96.24.32.3
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: communitheme:ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Jun  1 10:25:23 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty Zapus" - Release amd64 (20170412)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: software-properties
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-04-22 (40 days ago)