A error reported by Cristian is driving me crazy:
[ 16.972759] systemd-logind[1097]: Failed to start unit user@1000.service:
Unknown unit: user@1000.service
[ 16.972770] systemd-logind[1097]: Failed to start user service: Unknown unit:
user@1000.service

Any ideas? I use Utopic.

  Needs testing in -proposed: systemd 208

Status in “systemd” package in Ubuntu:

  I just uploaded systemd 208-6ubuntu1 to utopic-proposed, which makes
  use of the new cgmanager-enabled systemd-shim. This bug prevents this
  new version to migrate to utopic until we get more confirmation that
  this doesn't regress udev/logind.

  I already tested this in a clean utopic VM, upgrade and fresh install
  on my Utopic amd64 workstation, and manually built armhf binaries
  (from an intermediate 208 version) on the current Ubuntu Touch image.

  TODO:

   * pitti: re-test Ubuntu Touch with the actual binaries from -proposed  --
DONE
   * stgraber: confirm that this works well with system/user containers --
DONE; works under upstart, fails under systemd, filed as bug 1346734