09:43 <cpaelzer> you see that python3-crypto has per-arch deb files
09:43 <rafaeldtinoco> I added a comment in the case and subscribed steve
09:43 <cpaelzer> while your conter-xample of ansi just has one called
..._all.deb
09:43 — rafaeldtinoco checks
09:43 <cpaelzer> AFAICS python3-crypto contains no arch dependent files
09:44 <cpaelzer> so it could be Architecture:all, rebuilt and then it should
work
09:44 <cpaelzer> but as I said this is always confusing having an expert like
vorlon comment on it sounds the right path forward before we'd do anything wrong
09:46 <rafaeldtinoco> cpaelzer: dh $@ --with=python2,python3
--buildsystem=pybuild
09:46 <cpaelzer> ?
09:46 <rafaeldtinoco> and I could remove python2 from rules also
09:46 <rafaeldtinoco> together with the rebuild
09:47 <rafaeldtinoco> and change Architecture: all
09:47 <cpaelzer> sure, but I thought we only remove those python2 that are
blocking anything
09:47 <cpaelzer> we only want to demote to universe or did it change and we
want to drop things entriely?
09:48 <cpaelzer> anyway - agreed, it feels almost always right to drop py2 -
just sometimes you might cause more work than you solve
09:48 <cpaelzer> think of other dependencies on that and the chain that you
need to resolve then for example
09:52 <rafaeldtinoco> yep, i think that is the last one
09:52 <rafaeldtinoco> as I rebuilt it locally and was able to re-enable all
needed samba pkgs
09:53 <cpaelzer> your rebuilt gave you an :i386 package
09:53 <rafaeldtinoco> yep
09:53 <cpaelzer> I'd expect that an :all package is even more generic
09:53 <rafaeldtinoco> which the :all might do
09:53 <cpaelzer> I see no need this needs to be per-arch

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to python-crypto in Ubuntu.

  python-crypto (i386) needs rebuild in Focal (python 3.7 -> python 3.8
  dependency refresh)

Status in python-crypto package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  If you try:

  (c)rafaeldtinoco@sambai386:~/.../ubuntu$ apt-get install python3-crypto
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
  You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
   python3-crypto:amd64 : Depends: python3:amd64 (< 3.9) but it is not going to
be installed
                          Depends: python3:amd64 (>= 3.7~) but it is not going
to be installed
                          Depends: libgmp10:amd64 but it is not going to be
installed
   python3-samba : Depends: python3-crypto but it is not installable

  You won't be able to install python3-crypto.

  With a simple rebuild problem goes away.

  NOTE: This is needed to fix:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/1861316
  (Where I'm getting back winbind to samba on i386)