Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
look at all reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many
changes in Ubuntu since that time you reported the bug and your problem
may have been fixed with some of the updates. It would help us a lot if
you could test it on a currently supported Ubuntu version.

** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  After having resumed from suspend once, system freezes on next
  suspend/logout/lockscreen/shutdown attempt

Status in “ubuntu-meta” package in Ubuntu:

  Release:      9.10

  I am describing the problem encountered in different situations:

  1.When I am logged into my ubuntu-desktop and try suspend/resume for
  the first time it works, but after having resumed from suspend once
  when I try to suspend the machine again or even try to lock the
  screen or logout or shutdown, the system freezes just on the verge of
  going to suspend,logout,etc. The only way out from the state is to
  press the hard disk reset button.

  2.When I am at the the GDM login screen, suspend/resume works multiple
  times but when I have logged in into my account(ubuntu-desktop), after
  having resumed from suspend at least once at the GDM login screen, the
  system freeze occurs at the next suspend/logout/lockscreen/ shutdown
  attempt.

  3.I can suspend/resume the machine multiple times from inside the
  kubuntu-desktop but the system freeze occurs when I try to log out
  from kubuntu-desktop after having suspended the machine atleast once.

  Description of machine:My machine is a self assembled machine having a
  intel 810E chipset. i am using ubuntu continuously since 2005 and I
  have never faced any problems with the suspend feature on my machine.

  I am ready to furnish any relevant data regarding this when asked for.