** Changed in: openldap (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Andreas Hasenack (ahasenack)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openldap in Ubuntu.

  slapd crash with pwdAccountLockedTime and stacked overlays

Status in openldap package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in openldap package in Debian:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  Hello,

  Please merge openldap 2.4.49+dfsg-2 from Debian unstable to fix an
  issue in the ppolicy overlay that can crash slapd. Please also
  consider SRUing the patch after it has had some testing time.

  Upstream: https://openldap.org/its/?findid=9171
  Debian: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=953150

  The ingredients for the crash are:

  1: ppolicy overlay configured with pwdLockout: TRUE
  2. smbk5pwd overlay stacked after ppolicy
  3. an account locked out via pwdAccountLockedTime
  4. a client binding to the locked-out account and also requesting the ppolicy
control

  The buggy code is not as specific as the above steps, so I suspect
  there are probably other configurations or steps that can trigger the
  same crash.

  I will attach my test script and data for reproducing the crash.

  Expected output (last lines):

  [ ok ] Starting OpenLDAP: slapd.
  slapd running
  ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)