** Tags added: xenial

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  LightDM can't use the user background on Mate

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  Using Ubuntu Mate 16.10 (the issue appears too on 16.04 and 17.04
  alpha 2).

  On Mate, the LightDM Gtk Greeter can't use the user background. It
  works fine on other DEs like Xfce.

  From what I understand, LightDM and/or the Gkt greeter (not sure which
  one handles the background) gets the background path from Gsettings,
  so I assume it can't find the one from Mate, which stores it in
  "org.mate.background picture-filename".