Namespaces are working now after the last ubuntu update and plugging
Ethernet cable.

** Changed in: iproute2 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to iproute2 in Ubuntu.

  netns ifconfig problem

Status in “iproute2” package in Ubuntu:

  I am using IP name space virtualization feature in Ubuntu 14.04. The simplest
script for this is:
  #! /bin/sh
  ip netns add test
  ip link set dev eth1 netns test
  ip netns exec ip addr add 10.4.1.21/16 dev eth1
  ip netns exec test ip link set dev eth1 up

  The node has eth0 with 10.4.1.20/16 and connected eth0 to eth1 by
  external cable.

  All had worked fine during updating Ubuntu 14.04 at the 14th or 15th
  of September. All is OK in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

  After the starting script I have a wrong result for 'sudo ip netns
  exec test ifconfig eth1' output as zero's broadcast address in test IP
  name space. Command 'sudo ip netns exec test ping 10.4.21.1' has
  failed.