Hi! WebKit is a complicated codebase, so I don’t think I can help you
here. You may get some luck if you report this on
https://github.com/qtwebkit/qtwebkit/issues.

Though, 5.212 series is based on a very old WebKit version, not sure if
the author wants to fix any bugs there (he usually recommends trying
qtwebkit-dev-wip branch but it's too unstable for packaging into
Ubuntu).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtwebkit-opensource-src in

  Problems dealing with Java Script promise in HTML

Status in qtwebkit-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:

  We're using the GlobalProtect UI Client in Ubuntu. This uses
  libqt5webkit5 to provide allow login with an external SAML single sign
  on provider. This works with several identity providers (okta,
  jumpcloud). However, it does not work with Azure.

  Issue ID 9415 - https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/5-1
  /globalprotect-app-release-notes/gp-app-release-information/known-
  issues-related-to-gp-app

  The problem seems to be that the Azure AD HTML response has a java
  promise in it and this seems to be problematic in versions of
  libqt5webkit5 >= 5.212.0.