Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  unattended upgrade ran one day after schedule

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:

  I have noticed a strange behaviour in unattended upgrades. The host in
  question is scheduled to run upgrades on Mondays every second week.
  However, this week it ran upgrades on Tuesday instead (2019-04-09).

  This is the first time I’ve noticed this behaviour. I checked the logs
  in /var/log/apt/history.log* and I saw that worked as intended up
  until this week. Upgrades ran as expected on 2019-03-11 and
  2019-03-25, which where both Mondays.

  The schedule was set with the line 'APT::Periodic::Unattended-Upgrade
  "14";' in the file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20auto-upgrades.

  Could it be daylight savings time that has caused skewing of the
  schedule?

  The server is located in Sweden and on 2019-03-31 we switched from CET
  to CEST. If the time diff is calculated with hours instead of calendar
  days passed, perhaps the missing hour on 2019-03-31 caused the
  scheduler to believe that on Monday 2019-03-08, two weeks (336 hours)
  had not yet passed.

  ADDITIONAL INFO

  Release:        16.04

  apt:
    Installed: 1.2.29ubuntu0.1
    Candidate: 1.2.31
    Version table:
       1.2.31 500
          500 http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64
Packages
   *** 1.2.29ubuntu0.1 500
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1.2.10ubuntu1 500
          500 http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 Packages

  unattended-upgrades:
    Installed: 0.90ubuntu0.10
    Candidate: 0.90ubuntu0.10
    Version table:
   *** 0.90ubuntu0.10 500
          500 http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64
Packages
          500 http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main i386
Packages
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/main amd64
Packages
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/main i386
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       0.90 500
          500 http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 Packages
          500 http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main i386 Packages

  Package: apt 1.2.29ubuntu0.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.18
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Wed Apr 10 09:06:49 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 16.04.3 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20170801)
  SourcePackage: apt