Hi Naƫl, yes that's correct. If you wish not to use update-manager,
correcting this will need to be done manually as you've described.

** Also affects: update-manager (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: update-manager (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: update-manager (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Marcus Tomlinson (marcustomlinson)

** No longer affects: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: gnome-logs (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: gnome-characters (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: gnome-calculator (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: update-manager (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: update-manager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  gnome-{calculator,logs,characters} snaps not removed after the
  equivalent APT packages are installed on 20.04, and gnome-software APT
  package not replaced by snap-store

Status in update-manager package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I'm trialing the development release of Ubuntu 20.04, installed in
  December and kept up-to-date by regularly running apt full-upgrade.

  I understand from [1] that 20.04 will ship
  gnome-{calculator,logs,characters} as APT packages rather than snap
  apps, and gnome-software as a snap app (called snap-store) rather than
  an APT package.

  Following an apt full-upgrade in late February, I now have:

  * both the snap and the APT versions of gnome-{calculator,logs,characters}
  * still only the APT version of gnome-software, no snap-store

  Is this normal? A user in the #ubuntu+1 IRC channel reports that a
  fresh install of the development release:

  * only features the APT versions of gnome-{calculator,logs,characters}
  * features the snap-store (but also the APT version of gnome-software)

  Are users of older installs of the development release supposed to
  manually uninstall the snap versions of
  gnome-{calculator,logs,characters} and manually install the snap-
  store?

  [1] https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/is-ubuntu-software-going-to-be-
  remove-for-snap-snap-store/14542