Task on upstream Phabricator: https://dev.gnupg.org/T4820 (appears
resolved)

** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #911189

** Also affects: gpgme1.0 (Debian) via

** Changed in: gpgme1.0 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gpgme1.0 in Ubuntu.

  Missing gpgme-json prevents use of popular Mailvelope browser
  extension

Status in gpgme1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gpgme1.0 package in Debian:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  As described at the Mailvelope GitHub repository wiki here
  <https://github.com/mailvelope/mailvelope/wiki/Mailvelope-GnuPG-
  integration> users are able to use their local GPG keyring via gpgme-
  json (rather than the included Openpgp.js library) with several
  popular webmail services, provided that the gpgme-json binary is
  available to the browser process. I reviewed the file lists for the
  binary packages produced from this source package and found no mention
  of it. Upon closer inspection of the packaging files, the d/rules has
  an override for dh_missing for the file and a note in the changelog
  from 2018, but there was no mention of what the circumstances were
  that necessitated that decision.

  If it's possible to correct the conditions that led to the file's
  exclusion I think it would be well worth pursuing as e-mail becomes
  evermore commercialized on top of an infrastructure that never did
  place much of a premium on privacy.

  I'm running the dev release of Kubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" with
  version 1.13.1-7ubuntu2 of the libgpgme11 package.