I am facing the same issue with Intel HD Graphics 520 [Skylake GT2].

On switching to Ubuntu Wayland, the artifacts are gone.

** Attachment added: "Fuzzy artifacts on startup"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/+bug/1864778/+attachment/5361807/+files/Screenshot-20200427143519-1557x796.png

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Intel Drivers Artifacts after Mesa-Dev Update

Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:

  After the update from the 20.04 LTS fresh live image from 19.3.3-1ubuntu1 to
20.0.0-1ubuntu1 mesa
  I get serious artifacts on startup when using the intel driver instead of
modesetting.  These artifacts go away when I enable Option AccelMethod "uxa"
but persist if the default, "sna" or the other modes are used "none", "off",
"blt".

  These pixels appear throughout the experience of using Ubuntu and
  generate in sporadic places.  The font also looks completely broken.
  I've never had this issue before with the Intel drivers.  I have
  Skylake HD 530.