Two days ago I have reported a bug describing the complete path starting
from the software updater button settings/lifepatch > lifepatch > sign
in/lifepatch .... Then a window was opened

Line at top: X [] Ubuntu Single Sign-on Account
Next line:  same title as above without X []
Next line: Email address: field
Next line: (*) I have an Ubuntu Single Sign-on Account
Next line: Password: field
Next line: (  ) I want to register for an account now
Next line: (  ) I've forgotten my password
Bottom line: link Privacy Policy

There is no button to confirm any action above

I looked for help at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommunityHelpWiki and
clicked on support
on the next page https://ubuntu.com/support/community-support I clicked on
Lifepatch. Then on
https://ubuntu.com/livepatch I found: free for personal use Get Lifepatch. Next
page:
https://auth.livepatch.canonical.com/?_ga=2.18896568.1031641790.1588091589-177936974.1572286294

Get your Lifepatch token. On the next page I got a key and two command lines to
enable Lifepatch
https://auth.livepatch.canonical.com/?user_type=ubuntu-user

sudo snap install canonical-livepatch
sudo canonical-livepatch enable ***key*** (a 32 digits code with letters and
numbers)

My problem was easily solved using the commands above in a terminal

I feel silly that I have reported this two days ago as a bug. I took me
two days to find a solution.

Now an icon on top toolbar shows that lifepatch is activated.

** Affects: software-properties (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Fresh installed Ubuntu 20.04 misses a button for login on Ubuntu one account to
enable lifepatch