[Expired for alsa-driver (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Can't switch between speakers and headphones

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  This is a freshly-installed Precise (from beta2 iso) on an AMD64
  custom built computer; the motherboard is an ASRock N68-GE3 UCC, as
  you can see from the files the chipsets are all NVIDIA. The audio
  codec is VIA.

  Main problem: alsa and pulse's idea of switching between the speakers
  and headset is wrong. If I open alsamixer and toggle the (problematic,
  I heard) “Independent HP” switch, that works like a charm; turn it on
  and I get sound only on the speakers, turn it off and I get sound only
  on the headset. But nothing else (jack sense, clicking an output on
  Sound Settings, even muting “Front” by hand) works.

  Secondary problem: once that's working, it would be nice if jack
  sensing would do it automatically.

  I tried playing with the “model” flag and even “sense_mask”, but
  nothing works. I currently reset my alsa-base.conf to factory.

  I read many reports telling me to install the latest from ubuntu-
  audio-dev, but of course there aren't any for precise yet.

  Also installed some hda stuff from diwic; hda-jack-retask reports my
  front pin is a green headphones front pin as it's supposed to be, so I
  didn't override anything. And hda-jack-sense-test calls it “Green HP
  Out”; but only lists it with -a.

  lalo:~>  sudo hda-jack-sense-test -a
  Pin 0x24 (Green Line Out): present = Yes
  Pin 0x25 (Black Line Out): present = No
  Pin 0x26 (Orange Line Out): present = No
  Pin 0x27 (Grey Line Out): present = No
  Pin 0x28 (Green HP Out): present = Yes
  Pin 0x29 (Pink Mic): present = No
  Pin 0x2a (Blue Line In): present = No
  Pin 0x2b (Pink Mic): present = No
  Pin 0x2c (Internal CD): present = No
  Pin 0x2d (Not connected): present = No
  Pin 0x2e (Not connected): present = No
  Pin 0x2f (Not connected): present = No

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.
  ApportVersion: 2.0-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64