[Expired for alsa-driver (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Sound doesn't work with Praat

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on a Dell XPS13. I usually don't have any
  problems with sound. Now I installed the program Praat
  (http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/praat/download_linux.html) version 5.3.2-1.

  When I want to play a sound, it doesn't work. When I open Praat via
  the command line and try to play a sound, I get the following error:

  Expression 'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_buffer_size_near( pcm, hwParams,
  &lowLatency )' failed in 'pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 415

  I tried to follow the sound troubleshooting advice here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshootingProcedure
  but it didn't help so far.

  Does anybody know why I get this error, and what I can do about it?

  Thank you for your help!