This issue has sat incomplete for more than 60 days now. I'm going to
close it as invalid. Please feel free re-open if this is still an issue
for you. Thank you.

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  assertion failure

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in samba package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: squid

  Ubuntu 9.10
  squid version 2.7.STABLE6-2ubuntu2

  Som when I start up Ubuntu, I have an outstanding failure, which I try
  to report, but then I get a dialog box titled "Problem in squid" that
  says, "The problem cannot be reported: The program crashed on an
  assertion failure, but the message could not be retrieved. Apport does
  not support reporting these crashes."

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386