** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: libdrm (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libdrm in Ubuntu.

  Lenovo Ideapad 130-15AST 20.04 distorted and unusable

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in libdrm package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:

  Output of lshw here: https://pastebin.com/NMBigV4G

  Screenshot of the desktop here in the community forum:

https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/lenovo-ideapad-20-04-upgrade-distorted-and-unusable/21617

  I'm not all that experienced at filing bug reports here so I have
  included the attachment of the photo found at the forum link.

  The picture in the community forum link is what the MATE 20.04 live USB boots
to.
  I first upgraded from 18.04 using do-release-upgrade. The result looked like
the photo as well.
  Then I reinstalled 18.04, upgraded to 19.10, which looked and performed
normally. I then upgraded the 19.10 install to 20.04 with the same result as
the photo.
  I also tried with a different flash drive just to rule that out.

  Then I made the live USB of the 20.04 image and booted it to what you see in
the forum post.
  I made a live USB of both Stock Ubuntu and Kubuntu 20.04 and both worked just
fine.

  Until I tried the other two flavors I was thinking it was system
  specific, but after they worked normally it seems to be a MATE
  specific issue with this system.

  It appears to be only a display problem. The DE is completely unusable
  with the mouse, but I can launch a terminal and run commands, although
  the terminal is just as distorted as the photo above, so you can't see
  what you are typing or the resulting output.