This bug was fixed in the package qtmir - 0.4.4+15.04.20141030.2~rtm-
0ubuntu1

---------------
qtmir (0.4.4+15.04.20141030.2~rtm-0ubuntu1) 14.09; urgency=low

  [ Ted Gould ]
  * Use UAL pause/resume functions for stopping/continuing all tasks in
    the cgroup (LP: #1379786)

  [ Timo Jyrinki ]
  * Add libmtdev-dev build dependency (LP: #1379152) (LP: #1379152)
 -- Ubuntu daily release <ps-jenk...@lists.canonical.com>   Thu, 30 Oct 2014
21:48:30 +0000

** Changed in: qtmir (Ubuntu RTM)

  unity8-dash should be excluded from app lifecycle management

Status in “qtmir” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “qtmir” package in Ubuntu RTM:

  STEPS:
  1. Install the BBC NEWS app from the store
  3. Open the bbc app browse about a bit
  4. Click on a video link
  5. let it play for a while
  6. Cycle back to the scopes
  Scopes then restarts

  having a lot of apps open my unity8-dash gets contantly killed along the apps
if a certain OOM threshold is reached ... this appears like a system crash of
the UI (even though it is desired killing) from a user perspective ...

  checking the oom_score_adj values of all running apps i see that the
  dash has the same high value as all other open foreground apps:

  11    7960    oxide-renderer
  11    7963    oxide-renderer
  11    7988    oxide-renderer
  300   6170    oxide-renderer
  802   12514   unity8-dash
  802   6088    webbrowser-app
  802   6873    webapp-containe
  802   7425    webapp-containe
  802   7910    webapp-containe

  (the full log can be found at http://paste.ubuntu.com/8526308/ ) given
  that the dash is one part of our core UI it should be excluded from
  app lifecycle management (keeping the same oom_score of 10 as unity8
  does) so that only actual apps get killed on high memory pressure.