Hi,
even Bionic which you upgraded from would have been
  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libseccomp.so.2.4.1

2.2 was last available in
 libseccomp2 | 2.2.3-2ubuntu1~ubuntu14.04.1 | trusty-backports | amd64, arm64,
armhf, i386, powerpc, ppc64el
 libseccomp2 | 2.2.3-3ubuntu3               | xenial           | amd64, arm64,
armhf, i386, powerpc, ppc64el, s390x

And it would have been removed in Bionic a long time ago.
Unless this was a file not out of the Ubuntu Archive in which case I'm not sure
what we could do to help.

I'll mark it incomplete and I'm glad that you were able to resolve it for
yourself.
Is there anything out of this you'd think that Ubuntu as an OS could do better
- I see no opportunity as it seems not to be caused by the packages provided.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libseccomp in Ubuntu.

  Kernel panic booting after 18.04 to 20.04 upgrade

Status in libseccomp package in Ubuntu:

  Upgraded Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04.  Following the upgrade, booting was not
possible.  The error messages is:
  /sbin/init: symbol lookup error: /lib/systemd/libsystemd-shared-245.so:
undefined symbol: seccomp_api_get
  [    4.608900] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
exitcode=0x00007f00
  See also attached photograph of screen during boot.

  Upgrade followed steps from here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FocalUpgrades/Kubuntu
  With the excpetion that The -d flag was used for the do-release-upgrade:
  sudo do-release-upgrade -d -m desktop

  1) The release of Ubuntu you are using, via 'lsb_release -rd' or System ->
About Ubuntu
  Prior to upgrade: Ubuntu 18.04.4
  After upgrade (but never booted): Ubuntu (Kubuntu) 20.04
  Note that Ubuntu had originally be installed, but kubuntu-desktop was
recently installed to change to Kubuntu, but no booting problems were
experienced before updating to 20.04.

  2) The version of the package you are using, via 'apt-cache policy pkgname'
or by checking in
  Unknown -- Package version may have changed when upgrading to 20.04.

  3) What you expected to happen
  Boot without kernel panic.

  4) What happened instead
  Could not boot.  Even selecting safe mode from grub could not boot.  Had to
restore system from backups.  Will not attempt upgrade again.