Please include the log files from your upgrade, which can be found in
'/var/log/dist-upgrade', to this bug report. Running 'apport-collect
1877473' should do this automatically. Thanks in advance!

** Changed in: ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lvm2 in Ubuntu.

  Upgrading from 18.04 to 20.04 encrypted installation with LUKS and LVM
  makes it unbootable without manual intervention

Status in lvm2 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in ubuntu-release-upgrader package in Ubuntu:

  Volume Group metadata had to be upgraded manually with

  vgck --updatemetadata yourvgname

  The VG name was somehow changed from lvm-name to just name and I had
  to edit /etc/crypttab and update-initramfs -u -k all

  Also cryptsetup-initramfs package was deleted for some reason, had to
  re-install it in chroot. Maybe it happened because I have disabled
  installing recommended and suggested packages or maybe because none of
  *buntu-desktop packages are installed on my system. Not sure if I have
  to report it as a separate problem, please advise.

  Package: lvm2 2.03.07-1ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip