This bug was fixed in the package desktop-file-utils - 0.24-1ubuntu4

---------------
desktop-file-utils (0.24-1ubuntu4) groovy; urgency=medium

  * debian/defaults.list
    - Updated for the transition to snap-store (LP: #1873658)

 -- Ken VanDine <ken.vand...@canonical.com>  Fri, 08 May 2020 10:01:44
-0400

** Changed in: desktop-file-utils (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gdebi in Ubuntu.

  Deb Files are not associated with an application that manages packages

Status in desktop-file-utils package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gdebi package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in desktop-file-utils source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in gdebi source package in Focal:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  [Impact]

   * When a deb is downloaded the default handler is not capable of
  installing on 20.04.

  [Test Case]

   We should perform this test on Ubuntu 20.04 as well as some flavors
  to ensure we do not regress.

   * Download any deb in firefox, double click on the downloaded file
     - On Ubuntu this should open "Ubuntu Software"
     - On flavors it should open whatever their default app for handling debs is

  [Regression Potential]

   * For Ubuntu, very low, rarely would a user expect to open a deb with
  file-roller

   * Other flavors of ubuntu are overriding this default and should not
  be affected.  We do need to test this on other flavors to ensure their
  defaults are still honored.