added log as requested

no error in terminal when i start gnome-control-center

since original bug report I upgraded to 20.04 and new mothr board (MSI
MPG Z390 gaming plus)

after upgrade one issue is resolved - i have correct icon on subwoofer
button on test your sound window

but I still cant move subwoofer slider from zero position to any other
I can set subwoofer level in pavucontrol but if I touch slider in
gnome-control-center level is set to zero

looks like it is not alsa problem but more of GUI\gnome problem? because
subwoofer actually works fine when I set level to normal with
pavucontrol

** Attachment added: "journal.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1877540/+attachment/5370853/+files/journal.log

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [HDA-Intel - HDA Intel, playback] volume slider problem for subwoofer

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  In standard Ubuntu volume settings subwoofer level is alwas set to zero and i
cant change it
  if i run pavucontrol and set separate levels for each channel it works, sound
is working, but if i open ubuntu sound settings and touch subwoofer level
control then level is instantly set to zero again
  once i was unable to change subwoofer level in pavucontrol while ubuntu sound
settings is opened. after it is closed i can change voluve level of sub

  before I install pavucontrol front speaker was very quiet nearly mute

  also in test speakers there is no icon on subwoofer button

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu5
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.8
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri May  8 11:00:18 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Alpha amd64 (20180228)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_Card: Dell USB3.0 Dock - Dell USB3.0 Dock
  Symptom_PulseAudioLog:
   мая 08 10:26:20 tmpuser-EP43-UD3L dbus-daemon[1168]: [system] Activating via
systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.RealtimeKit1'
unit='rtkit-daemon.service' requested by ':1.36' (uid=119 pid=1422
comm="/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no " label="unconfined")
   мая 08 10:26:27 tmpuser-EP43-UD3L dbus-daemon[1168]: [system] Activating via
systemd: service name='org.bluez' unit='dbus-org.bluez.service' requested by
':1.135' (uid=119 pid=1422 comm="/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no "
label="unconfined")
  Symptom_Type: Volume slider, or mixer problems
  Title: [HDA-Intel - HDA Intel, playback] volume slider problem
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to eoan on 2019-11-07 (183 days ago)
  dmi.bios.date: 04/16/2009
  dmi.bios.vendor: Award Software International, Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: F4
  dmi.board.name: EP43-UD3L
  dmi.board.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  dmi.board.version: x.x
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAwardSoftwareInternational,Inc.:bvrF4:bd04/16/2009:svnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:pnEP43-UD3L:pvr:rvnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:rnEP43-UD3L:rvrx.x:cvnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:ct3:cvr:
  dmi.product.name: EP43-UD3L
  dmi.sys.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.