Public bug reported:

I'm on 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa). (Kubuntu)

openssl (I'm on 1.1.1f-1ubuntu2) appears to now be set to use a minimum
of TLSv1.2

This is despite the fact that the Changelog
(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssl/+changelog) says:
      Revert "Enable system default config to enforce TLS1.2 as a
      minimum" & "Increase default security level from 1 to 2".

As a result of this I can't get fetchmail to connect to an external IMPA
server I use, which only uses TLSv1.1

I *can* get:
  openssl s_client -state -cipher "DEFAULT:@SECLEVEL=1" -connect ... -starttls
imap
to open a connexion, but I can find no way of getting that option into a
configuration file such that it is used.

Consequently I cannot use a secure connexion to retrieve my emails.

All was fine in 19.10.

** Affects: openssl (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

  Unable to use TLSv1.1 to connect to external servers

Status in openssl package in Ubuntu: