** Also affects: thumbnailer (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: thumbnailer (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to thumbnailer in Ubuntu.

  Thumbnails for .xcf files only show in Gimp ( snap ) and nowhere else.

Status in gimp package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  On Ubuntu ( Budgie ) 20.04 when using Gimp as a snap, you’ll see
  thumbnails for .xcf files only « inside » Gimp and nowhere else (
  Nemo, Nautilus, gThumb… )

  I did a messy workaround for .xcf thumbnails to appear anywhere
  expected : I put all of my user’s thumbnails into
  ~/snap/gimp/common/.cache/thumbnails/ and now ~/.cache/thumbnails/ is
  a symlink targeting the first.

  You’d agree it’s absolutely a bad idea to store all of an user’s
  thumbnails into a particular subfolder of a particular snap.

  How tell my session to look for thumbnails not only in
  ~/.cache/thumbnails/ but also in any thumbnails folder inside ~/snap/
  ?

  For references :
  ⋅
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1250031/gimp-snap-and-thumbnails-for-xcf-fileshttps://discourse.ubuntubudgie.org/t/gimp-as-a-snap-no-thumbnails-for-xcf-files-in-nemo-gthumb/3799https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/gimp-and-thumbnails-for-xcf-files/18131/3?u=coeur-noirhttps://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=2053949