Correction: I have upgraded up until 14.10 and am sure things still
worked as I was used to . Reinstalling broke things.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Launcher shows arrows for applications on all workspaces

Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity Distro Priority:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  Failed checkbox-unity testcase launcher/arrows-notin-currentws (on
  step 5). When an application is opened on more than one workspace and
  there is an application window on the current workspace, the arrows on
  the launcher show the count for all applications on all workspaces. By
  design it should be only the windows on the current workspace.

  How to reproduce:
  1. Start nautilus on workspace 1
  2. Switch to workspace 2
  3. Start a new nautilus window on workspace 2

  Expected result:
  Launcher shows one arrow to the left of the nautilus icon.

  Actual result:
  Launcher shows two arrows to the left of the nautilus icon.