You've already been reminded of the code of conduct, but you continue to
violate it; it's perfectly possible to point out deficiencies in
software in a constructive and respectful way, which "pathetic crap" is
not.  Since it doesn't appear that you intend to change your behaviour,
I'll be suspending your Launchpad account shortly (once this bug
notification has been sent).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  "Line by line difference" of config files during release upgrade is an
  unreadable mess

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:

  I upgraded from 16.04 to 18.04, then to 19.10, then to 20.04.

  I'm not sure ini whih of the upgrades I noticed the issue but I'm
  pretty sure it applies to all of them.

  As usual, the upgrade had to install some configuration files which
  would replace some files I had modified, and so I got the prompt to
  choose what to do: whether to keep my modified version, or overwrite
  it with the packager's version.

  I don't remember the exact interface, but when you are prompted to
  choose that, you have a few options to see the differences between the
  two files. I think by default it shows a classical diff (with "+++"s
  and "---"s) but there is an option to show "line by line differences".

  I chose that for one file, and I expected to see a side-by-side diff
  similar to those I've seen in dozens of tools, where you see the two
  entire files side by side and the differences are highlighted in both
  sides in colors, such as lines that are added or removed and lines
  that are modified.

  Short of that, the very least that I would have expected was to show
  the two files side by side.

  Instead, this PATHETIC CRAP showed up which can be seen in the sceenshot.
  And don't remind me of the code of conduct. I'm not insulting anybody. It's a
FACT that this is crap and that it is pathetic.

  Not only are DIFFERENCES not shown (line by line or otherwise). The two files
are shown as one single text file, where each line of the second file is just
appended to the corresponding line of the first file.
  You can't even tell where the line of one file begins and the line of the
other ends.

  It's a completely useless way to show "differences" between two files.
  It's less useful than just showing the two files next to each other in
  two independent text boxes. Way less useful. Let alone compared to an
  actual side-by-side diff tool (and there are plenty to chose from).

  Package: apt 2.0.2ubuntu0.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.3
  Architecture: amd64